The Leroy Fiscal Officer is in need of an assistant who would be interested in becoming the next Fiscal Officer of Leroy Township. Office hours will be Mondays and Wednesdays, core hours are 10:30 am – 3pm, with some flexibility when trained. An additional 1-2 days a week at the road department may be possible.
By state law, Fiscal Officers must live in the township and be a registered voter. Therefore, only residents of Leroy Township, Ohio, may apply.
Training will be provided in this role, however there are many facets to this career and the best candidate should have most of the following abilities:
- An accounting/bookkeeping background – a background in government fund accounting is a plus
- Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: Professional and courteous interactions with the people of the township, other government entities and vendors are a necessity
- Self-motivation and strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to assess issues, prioritize work and supervise your assistant(s)
For further information, please contact Julie Himmelman at email@example.com.