We now offer e-notifications to news, notices and events posted on our site. We invite you to subscribe here:
APRIL 23, 2017
ANNUAL PANCAKE BREAKFAST
The Leroy Township Firefighters Association’s Annual Pancake Breakfast is April 23, 2017 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Donations are appreciated!
We invite you to breakfast and an open house to see what the Fire Department has to offer. Sign up for CPR classes, the Vial of Life program, the smoke detector program and more. Order reflective house number signs or get free mailbox numbers!
SUNDAY, APRIL 30, 2017
2017 LEROY HERITAGE ASSOCIATION REVERSE RAFFLE & CHINESE AUCTION
Take part in fun, food and prizes with the LeRoy Heritage Association at their Reverse Raffle & Chinese Auction! The event will be held at the Park Road Bar & Grill, Sunday, April 30 from 1 to 4 pm. Entry is $20 per person, and includes a spaghetti dinner with dessert and a mainboard number. For further fun, there’ll also be a 50/50 raffle, sideboards, and a cash bar. So come prepared, because what happens in LeRoy, stays in LeRoy!
Call 440-897-9671 or 440-336-4565 for tickets
SATURDAY, MAY 6
THE 18TH ANNUAL LEROY TWP. COMMUNITY GARAGE SALE
- Maps will be available May 1st on the Leroy Website at www.leroyohio.com or can be picked up the day of the sale at the Community Center.
- Event is Rain or Shine. No refunds.
- The fee for home set-up is $5.00. This fee covers township permits, mass advertising, and inclusion on a community sale map. You must provide a sign for your own residence announcing your sale. The Rec. Board will supply signs at each road where there is a registered participant. Please DO NOT remove these signs, a Rec. Board Member will be back to pick them up!
- The fee for set-up at the Leroy Township Ballfields is $10.00. It is Flea Market style, you must provide your own tables and pop-up tent (if you wish) and you may have as much space as needed. Large, heavy items may be sold out of truck or trailer in the gravel parking area by the concession stand. Vehicles may be driven onto the grassy areas, Weather Permitting, to load/unload, check with fire department personnel first. We we are asking that all vehicles be parked in the designated parking areas in the lot.
- The fee for set-up under the covered Pavilion behind the Community Center is $12.00. You will be supplied with at least one picnic table and the immediate space around you. If the pavilion is not full you may use more tables and space as needed; call me to confirm this after April 30th.
- The fee for set-up inside the Community Center is $15.00. You will be supplied with at least one 8 foot table, however, you may use additional space and your own small tables if needed.
- Completed forms must be received by April 28th to be included on the map. Please make checks payable to Leroy Township. For more information call 254-4235.
- Hot food & beverages and public restrooms are available at the Community Center. Please support our local businesses as well.
- The event is scheduled to start at 9:00AM, please be courteous to the participating homeowners and other participants.
- Mark Your Calendar: The Fall Flea Market and Garage Sale will be held Saturday, September 16th. Same format and rules as above. Please watch the Website and Community Sign for more information. Thank You!
Lake County MASTER GARDENER Volunteers
Meet Us in the Garden 2017
Monthly gardening programs are held March – October 2017, Saturdays at 10:00 a.m. – rain or shine. The programs are held in the Peace Garden (at the 4-H Building) at the Lake County Fairgrounds, 1302 Mentor Avenue, Painesville. (Look for signs as you arrive.) Reserve your place by email at MGAdmin@lakecountyohio.gov or call 440-350-2206. Sessions are FREE but space is limited. You must register to ensure your place.
The next topic will be held:
Saturday, May 6, 2017 at 10:00 a.m.
Mulching and Composting
Are mulching and composting really so different? Well, yes and no. Learn how mulching can be a route to composting and how composting can lead to mulching.
Mark your calendars for upcoming programs:
June 3………….Maintenance of Perennials
July 1…………..Garden Truths and Myths
August 5……….Orchids–Fancy but not Fussy
September 9…..Aesthetic Pruning
October 7………Share in the Bounty–Dividing Perennials
HELP IMPROVE LAKE COUNTY WITH THE LAKE COUNTY LAND BANK
We’ve added a new resource to our links page that we encourage you to check out. The Lake County Land Bank is a semi-independent, non-profit organization with the mission of helping to stabilize and increase property values of, strengthen the communities of, and enhance the overall quality of life of Lake County residents.
ZONING COMMISSION ALTERNATE OPEN
Leroy Township is accepting applications for a Zoning Commissions alternate. Must be Leroy resident. Requires one evening meeting per month. Alternate will receive $45.00 per meeting, paid annually. Please send inquiries, or application and resume via email to email@example.com.
LAKE COUNTY SOLID WASTE DISTRICT
2017 SPECIAL COLLECTIONS
Saturday, April 29 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Lake County Fairgrounds – Commercial Building
Saturday, May 6 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Lake County Fairgrounds
Limit 6 free – no rims. Additional tires, tires with rims, oversized tires will be accepted for a nominal charge.
Household Hazardous Waste
Saturday, June 3 & Saturday, September 23 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Lake County Fairgrounds
Collections sponsored by the Lake County Solid Waste District and the
Lake County Commissioners.
RENEWING YOUR DRIVERS LICENSE OR PLATES
Please remember when you renew your driver’s license or license plates, use Leroy Township as your mailing address, not Painesville. If you do this, Leroy will get the motor vehicle and license tax. Otherwise, it will go to Painesville. Please … help your community!!